Bravo Employee Recognition Program
Do you know a fellow District Office employee or team of employees who have done an outstanding job at Maricopa; who exemplify the Vision and Values of our institution? How about an employee who has made an outstanding contribution to the community, independently or through their work with other organizations? Do you know someone who has provided significant service to another individual?
This recognition is for District Office employees. Below is a list of recognition programs throughout the district with public websites or contacts for those sites
without a public recognition site.
You can nominate that deserving District Office employee, or team of employees, through the DOIT employee recognition program.
DOIT has created "Bravo!" to help celebrate the achievements of our District Office employees. The purpose of the program is to say "thank you," "well done," "we value you as an employee." It is a process to express our appreciation for the contributions of each other.
The recognition can take place on two different levels:
Informal Recognition Program
The informal recognition is designed to say "thank you". Examples of reasons to say thank you include; fixing a computer glitch in a timely manner, assisting with a project, performing job duties in a friendly and courteous manner, etc.
When you submit a recognition, an email version of a certificate is sent from to the person you are recognizing (and can be copied to supervisors and/or colleagues). Individuals through this process will have their name included in the drawing for a reserved parking space.
Formal Recognition Program
The formal recognition is for an employee who has made a significant contribution to the benefit of Maricopa, an individual, the community or other volunteer or service organization. The activity for which they are being recognized generally demonstrates excellence or exceeds the employee's normal job responsibilities.
A team may also be recognized through the formal process. If a team is being nominated, a completed nomination form is required for each team member, describing the individual's contributions to the team effort. The formal recognition can focus on any of three different categories: Service, Innovation or Collaboration.
Nomination forms for either the formal or informal recognition can be completed via sending the MS Word document to the Employee Recogntion team email account. Any MCCCD full or part-time employee can submit nominations. Nominations are accepted throughout the year.
Formal Nomination Criteria
- Nominee must be a Maricopa District Office employee. Any District Office employee including full-time, part-time, and temporary or student (on the Maricopa payroll) is eligible for consideration.
- Each nominee must have made a significant contribution to the benefit of Maricopa, an individual, the community or other volunteer or service organization, etc.
- The activity generally demonstrates excellence or exceeds the employee's normal job responsibilities.
Formal Recognition Categories
Nominations for the formal recognition can focus on any of three different categories: Remember, recognition would include Maricopa, as well as community activities.
- Service: Recognition of a person or team that has gone above and beyond the norm. Areas of service can include but are not limited to extraordinary service to Maricopa, service to a non-profit community organization, fundraising efforts, mentoring, volunteerism, etc.
- Innovation: Recognition of a person or team that has developed a program, idea or solution that has provided, or has the potential to provide, a benefit to Maricopa. Examples of such innovations include but are not limited to new program development, cost and/or time saving programs, initiatives related to wellness and safety, etc.
- Collaboration: Recognition of a person or team that has developed or coordinated collaborative partnerships across departments, divisions, colleges, and external organizations that benefit or have the potential to benefit Maricopa.
Formal Nominations Review Process
A subcommittee organized by the District Office Improvement Team will review the formal nominations. The review committee will include at least one representative from each of the District Office divisions.
Only the number of employees within the District Office limits the numbers of nominations.
There is no deadline for submission. Nominations will be accepted as they are submitted.
A recognition event will be held annually. It may also be held twice a year if the number of employees being recognized warrants such an event.