Welcome to Maricopa Community Colleges
Congratulations and welcome to the Maricopa Community Colleges! We are delighted you are going to join our organization. We will do our best to help you become a productive member of our staff through orientation and training. As you go through the orientation process, you will need to submit various forms and information including but not limited to benefit enrollment information, tax forms and eligibility declarations. This page will walk you through the steps necessary to complete the required paperwork and return it to your appropriate District or College Human Resources representative. All forms must be completed, printed and signed before sending them to your HR representative. All required forms are in red. Those forms in blue may need to be completed based on your personal situation. Please follow the steps below to begin. (All documents are in pdf format unless otherwise notated.)
In order to fully understand the benefits offered to you, we highly recommend you view the Benefits New Hire Presentation listed in step three. A complete listing of all the Benefits offered by MCCCD can be found on the Benefits web page.STEP 1
You should have already returned the Invitation to Self-Identify and Loyalty Oath forms contained in your job offer/confirmation letter to the Employment Department at the District Office. If you haven't completed your forms please do so now and send them to the District Office Employment Department. A short explanation on the Employment Forms listed below can be viewed by clicking here.
- Invitation to Self-Identify
- Loyalty Oath
- I-9 Acceptable Documents To be completed on location with your District or College HR representative.
Please complete and submit the following required Payroll Forms to the District Office Payroll Department within your first three days of work or before.A short explanation on the Payroll Forms listed below can be viewed by clicking here.
- Federal Tax Form
- AZ Tax Form
- Maricopa Eligibility Declaration
- Wage Withholding for Child Support
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Enrollment Enter Region Code "0OQ00085" - Please contact the Retirement Specialist with any questions.
You must select one of the following paycheck delivery options and send your completed form to the District Office Payroll Department.
- Direct Deposit
- Paper Check to Home Complete this form if you are not using Direct Deposit and wish to have your paper check sent your home.
- Paper Check to Campus Complete if you are not using Direct Deposit and wish to have your paper check sent your Campus
Additional Payroll FormsThe following forms may be required depending on your personal situation. Please consult with your payroll specialist if you have any questions.
- California Tax form
- Non-U.S. Citizen Tax Form To be used by Non-U.S. citizens
- Non-U.S. Citizen Tax Withholding Instructions (doc)
- Tax Form 8233 To be used by employees claiming a tax treaty with another country.
- Statement Letter 8233 to be filed with Form 8233 above.
Learn about your Benefits and submit your enrollment forms. You may submit your benefit elections at the new employee orientation meeting or directly to the Employee Benefits Department at the District Office by 5:00 PM on or before the last working day of the month prior to your benefits effective date. Faxes are also acceptable. Please direct all benefit related questions to your benefit analyst.
- View the Benefits New Hire Presentation
- Review the FY2013-2014 Flex Credit & Premium Rates
- Review the FY2013-2014 Domestic Partner Rates
- Use the Benefit Out-of-Pocket Calculation Sheet (excel) to determine your out of pocket costs.
- Complete the necessary benefit enrollment forms.
BENEFIT ENROLLMENT FORMSNeed help completing your forms? Click here.
- Benefits Enrollment Form Use this form to elect your benefits.
- Medical Waiver Form To be completed if you are waiving MCCCD's medical coverage because you are covered under another GROUP health plan.
- Dependent Tuition Waiver Eligibility Form To notify MCCCD of any dependents (spouse and/or child(ren)) eligible for a tuition waiver.
- Life Evidence of Insurability To be completed if you are electing supplemental life insurance over $150,000. Please refer to the Benefits New Hire Presentation for guidelines.
- Short-Term Disability Evidence of Insurability To be completed if you are enrolling in short-term disability in an amount greater than $1450. Please refer to the Benefits New Hire Presentation for guidelines.
- FSA Enrollment Form - To be completed if you are electing to contribute to a dependent care flexible spending account. Please contact your Benefit Analyst for the FSA form and information.
- Domestic Partner - Please contact your Benefit Analyst for Domestic Partner forms and information.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- HIPAA Privacy Procedure
- HIPAA Privacy Notice Healthcare Benefits
- Your COBRA Rights
- Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
STEP 4 - General Information
Paid Time OffReporting codes and additional information needed to submit your time/attendance, vacation and sick leave absences in Time & Labor.
Employee Group PoliciesEmployee groups provide additional policies and provisions that only apply to members and are in addition to district-wide policies and benefits. Please click here to view the MCCCD policy manuals.